General Meeting Minutes for 1977
A General Meeting of the British Mathematical Colloquium was held in the George Square Lecture Theatre at the University of Edinburgh at 2.00 p.m. on Wednesday, 30th March, 1977.
Dr J D P Meldrum was in the chair.
- The chairman welcomed the guest speakers Professor R H Bolt, Professor G Choquet and Professor J A Green.
- The minutes of the General Meeting at the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth were read and approved.
- The accounts of the 28th Colloquium were approved.
- On behalf of the University of Sheffield, Professor J S Pym invited the 1980 Colloquium to Sheffield. The probable dates would be 8th - 12th April, 1980. The invitation was accepted with acclamation.
- The following retired from the Committee: Prof M F Atiyah, Dr W D Evans, Prof H Halberstam, Dr R Haydon, Prof A O Morris, Dr E Rees.
The following were elected to serve on the Committee: Dr J W Baker, Dr A Oswald, Dr G P Scott, Dr D Singmaster, Dr A Slomson, Dr R M W Wood. It was noted that, in accordance with the agreement linking the Colloquium with the EMS and LMS, the nominated members of the Committee were: EMS; Dr J D P Meldrum and Prof D A R Wallace; LMS, Prof A W Goldie and Dr P McMullen.
- It was announced that the Committee would meet at 8.00 p.m. in Turner House Junior Common Room, Pollock Halls.
- Prof A O Morris proposed a vote of thanks to the Chairman, Secretary and others who had helped in the organisation of the Colloquium.
Minutes signed by G J O Jameson (undated).