Parknasilla, Co. Kerry

The Parknasilla Hotel, near Sneem, west of Kenmare, Co. Kerry, is in the grounds formerly owned by Charles Graves (1812-1899), Professor of Mathematics at Trinity College Dublin in 1843-1862, then Bishop of Limerick, Ardfert and Aghadoe in 1866-1869. Graves' house was the original hotel for a few years from 1895 and was then used as a staff house. It was renovated in 1990 and is again in use as a staff house. It is called the Bishop's House and is about 100 yards along the small road just to the right of the entrance to the hotel. There is a plaque on the wall by the road. [K.C. Bailey, p.72. DBS.]


Gazetteer Index Main MacTutor index

An extract from The Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles created by David Singmaster

The original site is at THIS LINK