Twyford, Hampshire

Twyford House, Twyford, was owned by Jonathan Shipley, Bishop of St. Asaph. In 1768, Benjamin Franklin came here and wrote the first part of his Autobiography. [Eastman]; [Bailey]

To see an Ordnance Survey map click at THIS LINK

Search the Gazetteer:

Previous entry Next entry
Gazetteer Index Main MacTutor index

An extract from The Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles created by David Singmaster

The original site is at THIS LINK