Benjamin Franklin set up the first lightning rods at Cooper Hill, near Walton-le-Dale, in 1770 [Bailey].
To see an Ordnance Survey map click at THIS LINK
|Previous entry||Next entry|
|Gazetteer Index||Map form of the Gazetteer index|
|Main MacTutor index|
An extract from The Mathematical Gazetteer of the British Isles created by David Singmaster
The original site is at THIS LINK