References for Benjamin Robins
- Biography by B D Steele in Dictionary of National Biography (Oxford, 2004).
See THIS LINK.
- Biography in Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- M Anderson, V J Katz and R J Wilson, Sherlock Holmes in Babylon and Other Tales of Mathematical History (Mathematical Association of America, 2004).
- W Johnson, Collected Works on Benjamin Robins & Charles Hutton (Phoenix Publishing House, 2001).
- B D Steele, The ballistics revolution: military and scientific change from Robins to Napoléon (PhD Thesis, University of Minnesota, 1994).
- B Robins, J Wilson and C Hutton, New Principles of Gunnery: Containing the Determination of the Force of Gunpowder, and an Investigation of the Difference in the Resisting Power of the Air to Swift and Slow Motions. With Several Other Tracts on the Improvement of Practical Gunnery (F Wingrave, London, 1805).
- H M Barkla, Benjamin Robins and the resistance of air, Annals of Science 30 (1973), 107-122.
- C C Boyer, Benjamin Robins, in A history of the calculus and its conceptual development (Dover Publications, New York, 1959), 229-247.
- F Cajori, Jurin's controversy with Robins and Pemberton, in A history of the conceptions of limits and fluxions in Great Britain : from Newton to Woodhouse (1919), 96-148.
- F Cajori, Discussion of fluxions: from Berkeley to Woodhouse, Amer. Math. Monthly 24 (1917), 145-154.
- J Ellicott, An Account of Some Experiments, Made by Benjamin Robins Esq; F. R. S. Mr. Samuel Da Costa, and Several Other Gentlemen, in Order to Discover the Height to Which Rockets May Be Made to Ascend, and to What Distance Their Light May be Seen; by Mr. John Ellicott F. R. S., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society (1683-1775) 46 (1749-1750), 578-584.
- W Johnson, Benjamin Robins, F.R.S. (1707-1751): New Details of His Life, Notes and Records 9of the Royal Society of London 46 (2) (1992), 235-252.
- W Johnson, Benjamin Robins during 1739-1742: 'Called to a Publick Employment... A Very Honorable Post', Notes and Records of the Royal Society of London 48 (1) (1994), 31-42.
- B D Steele, Muskets and pendulums : Benjamin Robins, Leonhard Euler, and the ballistics revolution (1742-1753), Technology and culture 35 (1994), 348-382.
- R H Vetch, Benjamin Robins, Dictionary of National Biography XLVIII (London, 1896), 434-436.
See THIS LINK.