References for Vladimir A Steklov
- A P Youschkevitch, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990).
See THIS LINK.
- G I Ignatius, Vladimir Andreevich Steklov, 1864-1926 (Moscow, 1967).
- E A Tropp, V Ya Frenkel and A D Chernin, Alexander A. Friedmann : the man who made the universe expand (Cambridge, 1993).
- V S Vladimirov and I I Markush, Academician Steklov mathematician extraordinary (1983).
- V S Vladimirov and I I Markush, Vladimir Andreevich Steklov- scientist and administrator (Russian) (Moscow, 1981).
- E Ya Bahmutskaya, On the pedagogical activity of V A Steklov in the Kharkhov Technological Institute (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. 6 (1953), 529-534.
- A I Demcisin and V S Sologub, V A Steklov's studies in the theory of boundary value problems for ordinary differential equations (Ukrainian), Narisi Istor. Prirodoznav. i Tehn. 23 (1977), 21-31.
- I Ya Depman, V A Steklov at Petersburg University (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. 6 (1953), 509-528.
- N M Gyunter, The work of V A Steklov in mathematical physics (Russian), Uspekhi Matem. Nauk (N S) 1 (3-4) (13-14) (1946), 23-43.
- I I Markus, The establishment of the St Petersburg school of mathematical physics by V A Steklov (Ukrainian), Narisi Istor. Prirodoznav. i Tehn. 17 (1972), 3-8.
- H O Ondar, A certain work of V A Steklov on probability theory (Russian) History and Methodology of Natural Sciences. IX: Mechanics, Mathematics (Moscow, 1970), 262-266.
- V I Smirnov, Vladimir Andreevich Steklov (on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of his death) (Russian), Uspekhi Matem. Nauk (N S) 1 (3-4) (13-14) (1946), 17-22.
- V I Smirnov, Recollections of Vladimir Andreevich Steklov (Russian), Trudy Mat. Inst. Steklov. 73 (1964), 5-13.
- Y V Uspensky, Vladimir Andreevich Steklov, Izvestiya Akademii nauk SSSR 20 (1926), 837-856.