References for Edward Sang
- A R Davidson, The History of the Faculty of Advocates in Scotland 1856-1956 (1956).
- Anon. (possibly C G Knott), Dr Edward Sang's Logarithmic, Trigonometrical, and Astronomical Tables, Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (1907-8), 183-196.
- D Bruce Peebles, Edward Sang (with list of writings), Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh (Obituary Notices), 21 (1897), xvii-xxxii.
- A D D Craik, Edward Sang (1805-1890): calculator extraordinary, British Soc. for the History of Mathematics Newsletter 45 (Spring 2002), 32-45.
- A D D Craik, The logarithmic tables of Edward Sang and his daughters, Historia Mathematica 30 (2003), 47-84 .
- Edward Sang MSS and related papers, The National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh, Acc. 10780. (89 volumes/items of tables, correspondence etc., previously held by the Royal Society of Edinburgh).
- Edward Sang MSS, Edinburgh University Library 40 vols. Gen. 310-349.
- C G Knott, Edward Sang and his logarithmic calculations, in C G Knott (ed.), Napier Tercentenary Memorial Volume (1915), 261-268.
- Microfiche Index of Old Parish Records (Scotland).
- W Swan, Presidential Address for 1882, Transactions of the Royal Scottish Society of Arts XI (1887), 1-7.
- The Royal Society Catalogue of Scientific Papers 1800-1900.
- C D Waterston, Notes on portraits in oils, busts and statuettes, the property of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, displayed in the rooms of the Society, The Royal Society of Edinburgh Yearbook (1994), 83-117.