References for Pafnuty Chebyshev
- A P Youschkevitch, Biography in Dictionary of Scientific Biography (New York 1970-1990).
See THIS LINK.
- Biography in Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- H Bernhard, Chebyshev, in H Wussing and W Arnold, Biographien bedeutender Mathematiker (Berlin, 1983).
- S Gurov and N Hromienkov, The great
- Russian scientist P L Chebyshev (on the 140th anniversary of his birth) (Kaluga, 1961).
- A M Lyapunov, Pafnuty Lovovich Chebyshev (Kharkov, 1895).
- V E Prudnikov, Pafnutii Lvovich Chebyshev (1821-1894) (Russian) (Moscow, 1976).
- V E Prudnikov, P L Chebyshev scientist and teacher (Russian) (Moscow, 1964).
- N I Akhiezer, Function theory according to Chebyshev, in Mathematics of the 19th century (Basel, 1998), 1-81.
- S N Bernstein, Chebyshev's influence on the development of mathematics (Russian), Uch. Zap. Mosk. Gos. Univ. 91 (1947), 35-45.
- S N Bernstein, Chebyshev's influence on the development of mathematics (translation of , with a foreword by O Sheynin), Math. Sci. 26 (2) (2001), 63-73.
- P Butzer and F Jongmans, P L Chebyshev (1821-1894) : A guide to his life and work, J. Approx. Theory 96 (1) (1999), 111-138.
- P L Butzer and F Jongmans, P L Chebyshev (1821-1894) and his contacts with Western European scientists, Historia Mathematica 16 (1989), 46-68.
- K V Chebysheva, Some information about the ancestors and descendants of the Chebyshev family (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. No. 32-33 (1990), 431-451.
- M G Cox, Piecewise Chebyshev series, Bull. Inst. Math. Appl. 22 (11-12) (1986), 163-166.
- V I Dzyadyk, A result of P L Chebyshev in approximation theory (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. 26 (1982), 168-171.
- N S Ermolaeva, An unpublished course on probability theory by P L Chebyshev (Russian), Voprosy Istor. Estestvoznan. i Tekhn. (4) (1987), 106-112.
- I A Golovinskii, P L Chebyshev's justification of the method of least squares (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. No. 30 (1986), 224-247.
- G B Halsted, Biography : Pafnutij Lvovitsch Tchebychev, Amer. Math. Monthly 2 (1895), 61-63.
- P Ya Kochina and R-L Kuk, An unknown letter of P L Chebyshev to S V Kovalevskaya (Russian), Voprosy Istor. Estestvoznan. i Tekhn. (2) (1983), 162-166.
- S N Kruzhkov, On the 170th anniversary of the birth of P L Chebyshev (Russian), Vestnik Moskov. Univ. Ser. I Mat. Mekh. (5) (1991), 2-4.
- S N Kruzhkov, On the centenary of the death of Pafnutii Lvovich Chebyshev (Russian), Vestnik Moskov. Univ. Ser. I Mat. Mekh. (6) (1995), 3-10.
- A Yu Lvovich, Ya Yu Nikitin and B A Samokish, Pafnutii Lvovich Chebyshev (1821-1894) (on the occasion of the 170th anniversary of his birth) (Russian),
- Vestnik Leningrad. Univ. Mat. Mekh. Astronom. (4) (1991), 83-85
- V A Nikiforovskii, Pafnutii Chebyshev - man, mathematician, teacher (Russian),
- Vestnik Ross. Akad. Nauk 65 (5) (1995), 448-451.
- L A Onufrieva, The Chebyshev interpolation method in the case of a large number of data (Russian), Istor.-Mat. Issled. No. 27 (1983), 259-274.
- Pafnutii Lvovich Chebyshev (on the 175th anniversary of his birth) (Russian), Teor. Veroyatnost. i Primenen. 41 (3) (1996), 612-627.
- Pafnutii Lvovich Chebyshev (on the 175th anniversary of his birth), Theory Probab. Appl. 41 (3) (1996), 519-531.
- M I Pulatova, The Chebyshev mathematical school (Russian), in Achievements in the development of the mathematical sciences (Kiev, 1994), 17-23.
- R Roy, The work of Chebyshev on orthogonal polynomials, in Topics in polynomials of one and several variables and their applications (River Edge, NJ, 1993), 495-512.
- O Sheynin, Chebyshev's lectures on the theory of probability, Arch. Hist. Exact Sci. 46 (4) (1993-94), 321-340.
- D Stander, Makers of modern mathematics: Pafnuty Liwowich Chebyshev, Bull. Inst. Math. Appl. 26 (1-2) (1990), 18-19.
- V M Tikhomirov, The papers of P L Chebyshev on approximation theory (Russian), Vestnik Moskov. Univ. Ser. I Mat. Mekh. (6) (1995), 86-90; 119.
- V M Tikhomirov, The papers of P L Chebyshev on approximation theory, Moscow Univ. Math. Bull. 50 (6) (1995), 39-42.